General terms and conditions for the rental of bicycles
§ 1 Scope of application
These terms and conditions apply to the rental of bicycles of any kind from Coastal Trail Cycle Hire of Wrinklers Wood, Mithian Downs, St Agnes TR50PZ, UK (hereinafter referred to as lessor) By booking the renter accepts these conditions.
§ 2 Obligations of the lessor
1. The owner is obliged to rent their equipment to the individual in good condition.
2. If, during the rental period, a repair of the bike is needed to ensure the operation or its roadworthiness is still of standard, then the lessor must carry this out or offer the individual an appropriate replacement vehicle. The individual may take the bike for repair to alternative establishments, but only with prior consent of the owner. Otherwise, the individual will carry the costs of the repairs.
§ 3 Obligations of the renter
1. The renter confirms with his signature the receipt of the rental bike(s) and/or object(s). Before using it, he must familiarize himself with the functioning of the bicycle and carry out a driving test to satisfy themselves that the bike is in good working order, and that the brakes are functioning properly, the components of the bike are all secure, the tyres are in good condition and sufficiently inflated. If at the point of rental and before the bike is accepted by the renter the renter believes of suspects the bike is defective in any way, they must inform the lessor.
2. The rental price is based on the agreement in the lease.
3. The lessor is entitled to charge the time value or the repair costs in the event of damage or to charge the replacement cost in the case of the loss of theft of the bicycle whilst in the possession of the renter.
4. In case of early return of the rental object there is no obligation for the renter to offer a refund.
5. The renter declares with his signature that he controls the bike(s) in his/her possession and knows the rules of the Highway Code and is responsible for their compliance. The use of off-the-beaten path, to sporting competitions or the sublease of the rental objects are prohibited without the written permission of the lessor.
6. The renter agrees to secure the bike(s) against theft. While the vehicle is not being used, it must be connected to fixed objects using a lock provided by the lessor. In case of loss or total loss, it is liable for the replacement value of the bicycle, whereby the theft is to be reported by the police.
In case of loss of a bike lock or key, helmet, tool kit, repair kit or any other item rented, we will charge the amount of the price for rebuying any of these items.
7. The minimum age for tenants is 16 years. Children and adolescents under the age of 16 are only allowed to leave the rental property if they are supervised by adults for the duration of the rental. In this case, the undersigned adult is liable.
8. The renter must immediately notify the lessor of all defects and damage to the vehicle. If such an announcement is omitted, the renter is liable for all further costs arising from the non-display, in particular personal injury and property damage of third parties.
9. If the renter is involved in a traffic accident, he must in any case get the police to the scene of the accident and let them give him the accident number. This, as well as further information on the accident, he must notify the lessor.
§ 4. Liability of the renter
The renter is liable according to general liability rules, if he damages the bicycle or makes another breach of contract. In particular, the renter has to return the vehicle in the same condition as he has taken over, except for soiling and wear as part of normal use.
§ 5. Liability of the lessor
The lessor is liable to the customer in cases of intent or gross negligence, a representative or a vicarious agent in accordance with statutory provisions. The claim for damages for breach of essential contractual obligations (bicycle rental) is limited to the contractually typical, foreseeable damage. The lessor is not liable for damage to the objects transported by rental bike. For the rest, the liability of the lessor is excluded.
$ 6. Cancellation Policy
The cancellation conditions are as follows
- 4 weeks (28 days) or more prior to date of rental 100% refund
- 2 weeks (14 days) and 4 weeks (28 days) prior to date of rental 80% refund
- Up to 1 week (7 days) prior to date of rental 50% refund
- Less than 3 days prior to date of rental – no refund
§ 5 Liability of the lessor
The lessor is liable to the customer in cases of intent or gross negligence of the lessor, a representative or a vicarious agent in accordance with statutory provisions. The claim for damages for breach of essential contractual obligations (bicycle rental) is limited to the contractually typical, foreseeable damage. Incidentally, the liability of the lessor is excluded.
§ 6 Jurisdiction
Fulfilment and jurisdiction is in United Kingdom